- Downers Grove, IL
1st Shift Warehouse Maintenance
Location: [Location not provided]
Job Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a detail-oriented and proactive 1st Shift Warehouse Maintenance employee to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing solutions to technical and facility-related problems, and maintaining preventative maintenance programs. The role also involves performing general cleaning duties, routine maintenance on the warehouse building, and contacting and scheduling vendors and contractors for necessary warehouse building repairs. This position offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and make valuable contributions to the operations of our warehouse.
- Develop and implement solutions to technical and facility-related problems.
- Maintain and implement preventative maintenance programs and consult with warehouse management on maintenance needs, safety concerns, and sanitation issues.
- Provide input to the warehouse management team regarding changes to improve the operation.
- Contact and schedule vendors and contractors for necessary warehouse building repairs and emergencies that are outside the scope of routine maintenance.
- Maintain a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when the next service is due by utilizing an effective personal organization method.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Frequently required to lift up to 45 pounds at various heights.
- Continuously work in varying temperatures, hot and cold (including outdoor temperatures and refrigerator/freezer environments).
- Ability to safely and properly operate powered industrial equipment.
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance