- Emanuel Medical Ctr
- Turlock, CA
Performs the functions of a specialized clinical nutrition service, such as nutrition assessment, nutrition education, nutrient intake analysis and patient screening to provide quality nutrition care to patients and families.
- Assesses nutritional status of the patient based on information gathered from the medical record, patient, family and other health care team members.
- Identifies and provides for teaching needs of patients and family utilizing appropriate educational material and arranging for the most suitable environment possible.
- Performs nutrient intake analysis.
- Performs nutrition screening and assesses patients identified as high nutrition risks.
- Participates in developing policies and procedures related to providing nutrition care and patient tray services.
- Assigns appropriate nutrition care tasks to the dietetic technicians.
- Acts as a preceptor for dietetic interns and dietetic technician students when required.
- Relieves employees in the diet office as assigned.
- Masters degree in Clinical Nutrition required if graduating or sitting for registered exam after January 1, 2024
- 1 year as a dietitian in a clinical setting preferred
- Registered or Registration eligible with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Must obtain registration within 6 months.
- Must possess current state licensure as Dietitian or obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and behavioral health services.
- Time away from work programs for paid time off, long- and short-term plan coverage.
- Education support through tuition assistance, student loan assistance, and certification support.
- Additional benefits such as life insurance, supplemental health protection plans, and employee discount program.