- Norman Regional Health System
- Oklahoma City, OK
- $41.2 - $67.3 hour
We are looking for a motivated Clinical Pharmacist to join our team at Norman Regional Health System. This is a full-time position, and the successful candidate will play a critical role in ensuring the provision of optimal pharmaceutical care to all patients. Our pharmacy department offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Responsible for distributive pharmacy functions and ensuring the pharmacy provides optimal pharmaceutical care to all patients.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of distributive processes and pharmacy programs that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, cost-effective drug therapies for all age groups.
- Use pharmaceutical mathematics to solve problems.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution, using critical thinking.
- Develop specific goals and plans to organize and accomplish work.
- Determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards using relevant information and individual judgment.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs, such as lifting boxes weighing up to 25 pounds, pushing carts weighing up to 250 pounds, bending, and climbing steps.
- Teach pharmacy students serving as interns.
- Knowledge of basic computer systems including email, Microsoft Word, and Windows, and basic keyboarding with the ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or a Pharm D degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- At least 1500 hours in the practice of pharmacy.
- 2 years full-time equivalent experience working in pharmacy services within health system or with medication use technology used in health system.
- Preferred 1 year or more experience working with health system's current medication technology system and working both independently and in complex collaborative team environments.
- Pharmacist experience in a hospital setting strongly preferred.
- Preferred 1 year or more experience working in a hospital setting.
(Above requirements can be met by an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Licensed and in good standing with the OK State Board of Pharmacy.
- Preceptor license preferred.
- Annual memberships in the Oklahoma Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists are strongly encouraged.
- Completion of general and patient care orientation is required prior to providing patient care.
- $41.20/hr-$67.30/hr depending on previous experience.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, scholarship opportunities, retirement plans, free parking, and opportunities for advancement.