- Lehigh Valley Health Network
- East Stroudsburg, PA
Critical Care Nurse - Critical Care Unit
Company: Lehigh Valley Health Network
Provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies and procedures. Directs and manages the care of designated patients. Utilizes effective and appropriate communication styles. Assists in maintaining a safe work environment and maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the care for designated patients. Recognizes the need for and initiates collaboration/communication with physicians, interdisciplinary team members, and takes actions to proactively resolve patients needs. Synthesizes available data, information, and knowledge relevant to the situation to make decisions which optimize patient outcomes based on ANA Scope and Standards of Practice and the Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality and safety, in accordance with established policies and procedures, utilizing evidence-based practice. Participates in evidence-based practice and research projects as applicable.
- Uses effective and appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication styles with patients, significant others, visitors, staff, and professional colleagues.
- Coordinates and provides patient and family education throughout treatment course to facilitate an effective transition of care.
- Functions as a department team member to support unit and hospital goals and objectives. Participates in all phases of the performance improvement process, including organizational and unit-based patient experience goals.
- Performs validated technical skills based upon clinical specialty and unit practice.
- Utilizes technology and incorporates technology to optimize alternative modes of care delivery.
- Demonstrates leadership and team building skills including: Teaching and mentoring new colleagues and department interns. Additional precepting, as assigned. Delegating on the basis of skills and expertise of team member, acuity and specific needs of the patient, and time availability of team members. Providing input as requested for performance appraisals of care delivery team members.
- Graduate of accredited Nursing program.
- Knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments in the delivery of patient care.
- Successful completion of additional orientation programs related to specialty.
- Attainment and maintenance of unit-specific competencies.
- Basic computer skills.
- Registered Nurse State of Pennsylvania Upon Hire or
- Registered Nurse State of New Jersey, dependent on location of position Upon Hire
- BLS - Basic Life Support Upon completion of orientation Upon Hire and
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing
- As per Clinical specialty within 2 years
Lift and carry 40-50 lbs. Examples: Push/pull patients on bed, stretcher (requires 29 lbs. push force), lateral transfers up to 50 lbs. of the patient's weight. Frequent to continuous standing/walking. Patient transporters can walk 8-10 miles per shift. *Patient care providers may be required to perform activities specific to their role including kneeling, bending, squatting and performing CPR.
Compensation Range: $40.00-$56.65/hour