- Windsor Run by Erickson Senior Living
- Matthews, NC
Maintenance Mechanic II
Location: Windsor Run by Erickson Senior Living, Matthews, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
We are seeking a Maintenance Mechanic II to join our Maintenance & Engineering team at Windsor Run by Erickson Senior Living. As a Maintenance Mechanic II, you will be responsible for the repair of apartment and public area HVAC equipment, and the overall upkeep of residential apartments and public areas through responsive, accurate, and efficient maintenance.
- Perform routine and emergency repairs in residential apartments and public areas, including correcting electrical malfunctions, repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, pipes, and fittings, repairing and replacing light bulbs and fixtures, repairing doors and locks, etc.
- Adhere to company policy by complying with all necessary scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on designated equipment while following manufacturer’s recommendations and will perform necessary maintenance of HVAC equipment as assigned.
- Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failure with a sense of urgency while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
- Assist in maintaining proper levels of material/supplies for the neighborhood assigned to ensure the timely and efficient completion of necessary tasks.
- Partner with Maintenance & Engineering personnel, when necessary, in the completion of various projects or repairs.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime as necessary.
- Support the Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance/Maintenance & Engineering Manager to ensure the effective and efficient operation within the community by performing other duties when assigned.
What we offer
- Education assistance, certification reimbursement, and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law.
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset; our employees.
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans, and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Senior Living continues to set the standard for senior living excellence.
- Onsite medical centers, providing wellness visits and sick care for all employees over 18 years of age.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience in a residential apartment complex, commercial building construction, or maintenance.
- Must possess current EPA certification to handle refrigerants.
- Working knowledge of residential building maintenance to include, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, flooring, and appliances & must have demonstrated knowledge of HVAC.
- Capacity to lift 50 pounds, over 50 pounds- must use the aid of a hand truck or get assistance and move light furniture.
- The ability to be on one's feet for a long period of time, bending and extensive walking; ability to push and pull, climb and descend a ladder to 6/8 feet or higher.