- Seabrook Village by Erickson Senior Living
- Tinton Falls, NJ
Location: Seabrook Village by Erickson Senior Living, Tinton Falls—just six miles from the Jersey Shore
The Program Assistant will stimulate the physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, and emotional well-being of the residents residing in Continuing Care. The role involves discussion with the Programming team about the resident’s needs/desires related to purposeful engagement and providing therapeutic and recreational activities to meet the daily needs and interests of the residents. Compensation: $18.00 per hour. Flexibility to work weekends and occasional evenings is required.
- Uses independent judgment to facilitate various structured and impromptu programs for individuals and groups in the common areas and resident rooms of the Continuing Care Community.
- Escorts and ensures the safety of the residents on group trips and excursions.
- Works collaboratively with other team members, management, community groups, volunteers, and families to deliver programs and activities designed to enhance the resident experience.
- Routinely monitors changes in the resident’s needs, abilities, and preferences to provide beneficial, purposeful, and enjoyable programs and activities for individuals and group audiences. Communicates any noted changes to the Programming Manager.
- Provides input to program supply lists, maintains supply levels, and ensures safe operation of the equipment.
- Participates in team discussions regarding resident programming, schedules, trips, special events, staff scheduling, and resident issues.
- Prepares various activity programs according to schedule and guidance by the Program Manager.
- Leads group and individual activities both structured, guided, and impromptu in activity spaces, common areas, and resident’s rooms.
- Sets up activity equipment such as tables, instruments, electronics, etc.
- Motivates and assists participants during activities/programs.
- Maintains Erickson Senior Living’s philosophy and “Vision” statement.
- Understanding of the dementia process. (if no previous dementia experience or education, training will be offered upon hire)
- Demonstrate good judgment, think independently, and be self-motivated, organized, flexible, and dependable.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- One year working as an Activities Assistant in a licensed health care facility or related experience through college coursework and internship exposure is preferred.
- Experience leading groups of people with varying levels of physical and cognitive independence is preferred.
- Flexible work schedule including weekends and evenings is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from floor to waist. Able to transport a resident in a wheelchair. Able to walk for long distances or periods of time, pushing weights up to 250 lbs. Able to kneel, bend from the waist to floor, stoop, twist torso laterally in all directions, and grasp small and large objects.