- The University of Vermont Medical Center
- Burlington, VT
Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Neurology
Unit Description: Join our Neurology team- a tight knit group of RNs working to care for patients with chronic health conditions. We work with physicians and advanced practice providers who are receptive to and appreciative of our role in the care of these patients and families. A great environment for nurses who value long-term relationships with patients and families and learning in depth about a specialty.
- Supports 1 or more subspecialties in the department of Neurology.
- Hybrid schedule. Required to work onsite out of 1 South Prospect and/or 111 Colchester Avenue in Burlington, VT.
- Open to 8 or 10 hour shifts, dependent upon clinic needs.
- No weekends, evenings or nights required.
- Provides professional nursing care to patients in varying states of health and illness by assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing plan of care. The Staff Nurse II functions as an essential member of nursing and multidisciplinary teams, providing direct patient care, instruction, and preparation for continuing care during and following care transitions. May take charge as operational need allows.
Education: Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the State of Vermont is required. The University of Vermont Medical Center is moving toward an all Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) workforce. All external candidates hired into, or current employees promoted to, a RN position will be required to obtain their BSN as outlined in the terms of their offer letter.
Experience: Neurology experience preferred. Outpatient triage experience preferred. Greater than one year of experience preferred.
On-call: Not required.
Incentives: External candidates with 1 year of experience are eligible for a one-time sign-on bonus of $10,000 (prorated for part-time roles).