- VASA Fitness
- Colfax County, NE
Member Experience Lead
Location: [Add location here]
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $19.20 per hour + Commission and Bonus Opportunities!
The Member Experience Lead (MEL) at VASA Fitness is responsible for creating an uplifting experience for everyone by offering inclusive, accessible, and on-trend fitness. This position requires engaging, positive, diligent, organized, and proactive individuals who can drive their club towards results. The MEL supports the General Manager and continually develops a high-performing team, leading by example and coaching the Member Experience Specialists (MES) on how to provide a world-class experience for VASA members.
- Ensure all MES create and maintain the "UPLIFT" culture in the club.
- Implement the welcoming, non-intimidating VASA experience through our guest-to-member journey and create an exceptional brand experience for guests and members.
- Recruit, hire, and train all MES team members.
- Lead by example and ensure the UPLIFTing culture and values are the foundation for every communication and interaction.
- Promote REVIVE sales, our in-club snack, drink, gear, and apparel shop.
- Maintain the club so equipment is functioning, the facilities are clean, and staff are friendly and helpful.
- Support the General Manager (GM) by forecasting upcoming staffing needs.
- Have frequent conversations with MES team members to understand changing work.
- Work with the GM to schedule and conduct interviews and ensure the right candidates are hired for open positions.
- Schedule and facilitate training for new MES team members.
- Collaborate with the GM to create a welcoming environment for interview candidates and new hires.
- Constantly evaluate team member-to-member interactions.
- Provide in-the-moment coaching and feedback to recognize success and address opportunities for improvement.
- Delegate tasks to maximize efficiencies and create balanced workloads and validate completion.
- Teach and coach MES staff on VASA's non-intimidating approach on how to convert a guest to a member.
- Support the GM in creating sales plans that are achieved by addressing and coaching successful behaviors and tactics.
Leadership and Coaching
- Communicate, lead by example, and motivate your team to understand and develop a passion for the brand, our values, and our approach.
- Proactively provide ideas and solutions to help move the business forward.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to achieve club goals during scheduled shifts and be able to adjust priorities as the business dictates.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to ensure work is completed and club goals are achieved.
- Build trust and strong relationships with all team members.
- Provide coaching in the moment that inspires commitment and positive change.
- Give input and feedback to GM in succession planning conversations.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for full-time employees.
- Paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible vacation plan, paid holidays for eligible employees.
- 401k options and two complimentary gym memberships.