- Devonshire by Erickson Senior Living
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Security and Emergency Services Officer
Location: Devonshire by Erickson Senior Living, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Devonshire by Erickson Senior Living is seeking a Security and Emergency Services (SES) Utility Officer I to carry out the SES Program under the direction of the Supervisor. This position will perform regular patrols of the property, provide relief staffing for the gatehouse, and respond to non-emergency calls for service. Additionally, this role may function in a support role on emergency responses under the direct supervision of an EMR Officer/Supervisor.
- Routine interior and exterior patrols of the buildings and grounds.
- Conduct safety checks and inspections in support of Life Safety and OSHA compliance.
- Receive calls for non-emergency service from dispatch and security by radio or telephone and respond timely and appropriately.
- Respond and assist in community emergencies, including fires, floods, severe weather, hazardous materials incidents, bomb threats, and evacuations.
- Assist with searches for missing residents.
- Maintain a visible and professional presence at the gatehouse to create the best initial impression of the community.
- Acknowledge visitors, provide a pleasant greeting, and offer assistance as needed to all persons entering the community.
- Screen all vehicle and pedestrian traffic entering the community per the gatehouse SOP.
- Provide proper parking passes, maps, and instruct visitors to park in appropriate spaces.
- Document all visitors and vendors/contractors via the standard Gatehouse log in legible handwriting.
What we offer
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience/certifications starting at $16.00 / hr
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and PTO in accordance with applicable state law.
- 401k for all employees 18 and over. Company contribution up to 3% once eligible.
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset; our employees.
- Free onsite parking at all of our communities and corporate offices.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision, and mission.
What you will need
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
- Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family members, staff, vendors, and each other.
- Ability to document daily activities in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to safely operate security vehicles.
- Ability to work with computer systems.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
*All required licenses and certifications must be maintained as a condition of employment.
* We provide on-site paid training and certification to become an emergency medical responder, and this training requires a 2-week on-site course with the instructor.